This teacher training is designed and dedicated to bringing in you the passion of teaching Yoga in a balanced, safe and knowledgeable environment. This journey will open the way for you to awaken your potential and your inner teacher. Upon completion, you will be able to confidently design and lead intelligent and alignment driven Flow classes as well as nurturing and safe Restorative classes. This immersive experience is for those wishing to either deepen their personal practice or to learn to effectively teach Energetic (yang) or restorative (yin) sequences designed to touch the lives of students both on and off of their mats.
In the Fundamentals of Yin and Yang Training, we are devoted to offering you an atmosphere in which learning, freedom of expression, fun, creativity, and passion for life are always encouraged! This program covers the foundations of the YinYang style of Yoga in which you will learn how to see Yoga as a tool for self- transformation and self-awareness that will reverberate on the people around you.
What is Included in this Teacher Training?
Technique and training in Asana, Meditation and Pranayama: Create deeper awareness of your own yoga practice
- Explore the Yang Flow style of Yoga as well as the yin and restorative approach
- Analyze several poses including asana benefits, alignment, contraindications, variations and modifications.
- Cultivate a meditation and pranayama practice with expert guidance that draws on ancient yogic lineages.
Anatomy, Physiology, Healing, and the Mind:
- Expand your knowledge and wisdom of the body through Anatomy & Physiology study.
- Directly relate how anatomy affects asana alignment and how to cue this with ease.
- Study differences in people and their anatomical structure to inform how to sequence and adjust with accurate touch and accessible language.
- Become intelligent in learning the relationship of yoga on the body’s nervous system.
- Introduction to elements of the subtle body, including chakras.
Making the Transition from Student to Teacher
- Develop skills in cueing and language that reflects simplicity and precision.
- Learn to hold space and cultivate present awareness as a teacher. Practicing embodying the “seat of the teacher”.
- Learn to project your voice with comfort and ease
- Learn the art of physical adjustment and verbal cues and the use of props
- Learn the basics of weaving dharma and philosophy into a yoga class.
- Learn to teach “off the mat” so you can move, adjust and be present in your classes.
- Find ways to integrate music to enhance your class experience.
- Develop an “eye” as a teacher to be able to see students for where they are.
Ancient Wisdom, Modern Mind:
Presenting Yogic Philosophy So It Resonates Today
- Demystify dharma and yogic philosophy to gain personal experience with the subject matter and find ways to live it naturally.
- Learn the history of Yoga and sacred yogic texts and apply them in real life
- Learn the ethics of Yoga and the relationship between teacher and student
The Business of Yoga:
Classes, Privates, Studios, and More
- Explore the fears and discomforts of the “business” side of yoga and money.
- Uncover your personal obstacles with abundance and breakthrough to live your life more fully.
- Study the basics of business acumen in the yoga world and how to set your career path with identifiable steps.
Meet the Facilitators:
Joelle Akl E-RYT500:
A surprise trip to Goa in 2011 changed the way she sees life and made her realize there is more to it than sitting behind a desk for most of her days.
She started soul searching and became sure that happiness comes from doing work that is fulfilling on a mental and spiritual level, and that was at the exact same time she started practicing Yoga on a regular basis. She completely fell in love with the way it made her feel on a physical level and the awareness it induced especially surrounding daily behavior and reactions. Quickly she became fascinated with the aims, roots and philosophy behind Yoga. She found herself drowned in articles and books about Yoga and researching a teacher training program in India.
After completing her 200h in Ashtanga Vinyasa and teaching for 2 years, she embarked on the 300h training In Yoga Therapy and decided to open her own studio in Beirut City. Joelle has competed many workshops and trainings since then, including an Aerial Yoga Certificate in 2017. She has also planned and taught Yoga retreats In Lebanon and abroad.
Her classes can be described as following a flow that promotes stability and flexibility, those flows are focused on intelligent sequencing and balancing poses that induce a strong sense of focus and determination.
Dana Saadeh E-RYT500:
Dana has been practicing Yoga since 2011 and teaching since 2013. Having a ballet and gymnastics background and a very flexible body, Dana was attracted to the softer approach of Yoga on the mind and body and started seeing the effects of a regular practice on her life outside of the mat.
In 2015, Dana opened Mandala Beirut and has been teaching there regularly, mainly, Flow and Yin Yoga. Dana has obtained her 200 & 300h certificates from India, in Ashranga Vinyasa and Yoga therapy.
Her new found passion in the healing arts was strongly drawn to Thai message and she decided to start training for it, she already completed two formal training with Pau Castellsague in 2017 and 2018. She also completed her formal Yin Yoga training in Greece in May 2019
Dana’s classes are slow, fluid and inspired by dance with great focus on breath and alignment.
Time Allocation for the Training
8 weekends and 5 nights residential at Guita Bed & Bloom
Dates: Feb 29 to May 6 as follows:
- Feb 29 and March 1st
- March 7 and 8
- March 14 and 15
- March 21 and 22
- March 28 and 29
- April 4 and 5
- April 11 and 18 (April 12 and 19 OFF for Easter Sundays)
- April 25 and 26
- Friday 1st to 6th of May residential
7- 8.30 am: Yoga Practice (YANG)
8.30 – 9.30: Meditation
9.30- 10.30 am: Breakfast
10.30- 11.30 am: Anatomy
11.30 – 11.45 am: Snack/Break
11.45- 2.45 pm: Teaching Methodology
2.45 – 4 pm: Lunch
4- 5 pm: Philosophy
5- 6 pm: Pranayama
6 – 7.30 pm Yin Yoga Practice
7- 8.30 am: Yoga Practice (YANG)
8.30- 9.30 am: Meditation
9.30- 10.30 am: Breakfast
10.30- 11.30 pm: Anatomy
11.30- 2.30 pm: Teaching Methodology
2.30- 4 pm: Lunch
4- 6 pm: Philosophy
6- 7 pm: Pranayama
7- 8 pm: Yin Yoga
Cost of the training
Early Bird price: 2,400 USD if paid before 17 January 2020
This price includes:
- – The teacher training with a Certificate of Completion approved by the International Yoga Alliance.
- – The training manual, t-shirts, tote bags
- – 6 days spent at Guita Bed & Bloom in Akoura (accommodation, 3 healthy, organically grown meals, and various extracurricular activities)
For any info or to book your spot please do not hesitate to send us an-email to email@example.com or call our numbers 03082524 03809614
Guita Bed & Bloom
Guita Bed&Bloom is an eco-friendly guesthouse and organic farm nested in the beautiful mountains of Majdal Akoura in Mount Lebanon
Guita Bed&Bloom opened its doors in the summer of 2015, and today has hosted yoga retreats, cooking classes, celebrations, family gatherings, private parties, hikers, wannabe farmers, lovers and solo travelers…
Guita Bed&Bloom is the ideal place to reconnect with yourself, tradition and nature, for a weekend getaway from the city’s hustle & bustle, or a weekday staycation with your friends and family.
You can enjoy a locally sourced, organic traditional breakfast, listening to the bird chirping, taking in the fresh air of the mountains in our garden.
You might spend your afternoons cherry and apple picking during the summer season, hiking the many trails nearby or making your own flower arrangement from the many flowers in our garden.
You can watch your farm to table dinner being prepared in the open floor kitchen, and opt to have your dinner over a bonfire, or while star gazing on our upper terrace.
Lounge anytime in our beautifully designed common area, with a book from our downstairs library, or gather with friend around our fireplace sipping on wine.
Guita is also the home of many yoga retreats, health and wellness events, and available for your own event including weddings and celebrations.