This 21 day Intensive training is designed and dedicated to bringing in you the passion of teaching Yoga in a balanced, safe and knowledgeable environment. This journey will open the way for you to awaken your potential and your inner teacher. Upon completion, you will be able to confidently design and lead intelligent Flow classes, as well as nurturing and safe Restorative classes. This immersive experience is for those wishing to either deepen their personal practice or learn to effectively teach Energetic (yang) & restorative (yin) sequences designed to touch the lives of students both on and off their mats.
In this teacher training, we are devoted to offering you an atmosphere in which learning, freedom of expression, fun, creativity, and passion for life are always encouraged! This program covers the foundations of the YinYang style of Yoga in which you will learn how to see Yoga as a tool for self- transformation and self-awareness that will reverberate on the people around you. We will combine a thorough personal practice, with methodologies that will carve the way for your metamorphosis into a professional Yoga instructor.
We invite, not only those who wish to become teachers, but anyone who wants to take their practice to deeper physical, mental and spiritual levels.
Create deeper awareness of your own yoga practice (Asana, Pranayama, Kriyas and Meditation)
- – Explore the Yang Flow style of Yoga as well as the yin and restorative approach
- – Analyze several poses including asana benefits, alignment, contraindications, variations and modifications.
- – Cultivate a meditation and pranayama practice with expert guidance that draws on ancient yogic lineages.
Anatomy, Physiology, Healing, and the Mind:
- – Expand your knowledge and wisdom of the body through Anatomy & Physiology study.
- – Directly relate how anatomy affects asana alignment and how to cue this with ease.
- – Study differences in people and their anatomical structure to inform how to sequence and adjust with accurate touch and accessible language.
- – Become intelligent in learning the relationship of yoga on the body’s nervous system.
- – Introduction to elements of the subtle body, including chakras.
Making the Transition from Student to Teacher
- – Develop skills in cueing and language that reflects simplicity and precision.
- – Design and build empowering Yoga sequences
- – Learn to hold space and cultivate present awareness as a teacher.
- – Learn to project your voice with comfort and ease
- – Learn the art of physical adjustment and verbal cues and the use of props
- – Learn the basics of weaving dharma and philosophy into a yoga class.
- – Learn to teach “off the mat” so you can move, adjust and be present in your classes.
- – Find ways to integrate music to enhance your class experience.
- – Develop an “eye” as a teacher to be able to see students for where they are.
Ancient Wisdom, Modern Mind:
Presenting Yogic Philosophy So It Resonates Today
- – Demystify dharma and yogic philosophy to gain personal experience with the subject matter and find ways to live it naturally.
- – Learn the history of Yoga and sacred yogic texts and apply them in real life
- – Learn the ethics of Yoga and the relationship between teacher and student
The Business of Yoga:
Classes, Privates, Studios, and More
- – Explore the fears and discomforts of the “business” side of yoga and money.
- – Uncover your personal obstacles with abundance and breakthrough to live your life more fully.
- – Study the basics of business acumen in the yoga world and how to set your career path with identifiable steps.
Meet the Facilitators:
Joelle Akl E-RYT500:
A surprise trip to Goa in 2011 changed the way she sees life and made her realize there is more to it than sitting behind a desk for most of her days.
She started soul searching and became sure that happiness comes from doing work that is fulfilling on a mental and spiritual level, and that was at the exact same time she started practicing Yoga on a regular basis. She completely fell in love with the way it made her feel on a physical level and the awareness it induced especially surrounding daily behavior and reactions. Quickly she became fascinated with the aims, roots and philosophy behind Yoga. She found herself drowned in articles and books about Yoga and researching a teacher training program in India.
After completing her 200h in Ashtanga Vinyasa and teaching for 2 years, she embarked on the 300h training In Yoga Therapy and decided to open her own studio in Beirut City. Joelle has competed many workshops and trainings since then, including an Aerial Yoga Certificate in 2017. She has also planned and taught Yoga retreats In Lebanon and abroad.
Her classes can be described as following a flow that promotes stability and flexibility, those flows are focused on intelligent sequencing and balancing poses that induce a strong sense of focus and determination.
Dana Saadeh E-RYT500:
Dana has been practicing Yoga since 2011 and teaching since 2013. Having a ballet and gymnastics background and a very flexible body, Dana was attracted to the softer approach of Yoga on the mind and body and started seeing the effects of a regular practice on her life outside of the mat.
In 2015, Dana opened Mandala Beirut and has been teaching there regularly, mainly, Flow and Yin Yoga. Dana has obtained her 200 & 300h certificates from India, in Ashtanga Vinyasa and Yoga therapy.
Her new found passion in the healing arts strongly drew her to Thai massage and she completed two formal trainings with Pau Castellsague in 2017 and 2018. She also completed her formal Yin Yoga training in Greece in May 2019.
Dana’s classes are slow, fluid and inspired by dance with great focus on breath and alignment.
Sample Daily Schedule:
7- 8.30 am: Yoga Practice (YANG)
8.30 – 9.15: Meditation
9.30- 10.30 am: Breakfast
10.30- 1.30 pm: Teaching Methodology
1.30 – 3.30 pm: Lunch/Break
3.30 – 5 pm: Anatomy or Philosophy
5- 7 pm: Pranayama and Yin Practices
7.30 – 8.30 pm: Dinner
10 pm onward:Quiet time
*one full day off per week
*subject to change
Cost of the training
2,800 USD on a Double Occupancy basis
3,100 USD on a Single Occupancy basis
Early Bird price: 100 USD off if paid before 15 January 2020
This price includes:
- – 200hr RYT Yoga Alliance certificate on completion
- – All course content, classes, practice, guidance and individual support
- – Illustrated YTT student manual
- – Access to a private online mentoring group for support, knowledge sharing, and community-building post-training
- – Full-Board Accommodation for 20 nights
- – Daily healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner
- – Transportation from and to airport
- – Plane ticket ( approx 450 usd) Visa (approx 35 usd)
- – Lunch and dinner on Sunday
- – Extra curricular activities and massages
For any info or to book your spot please do not hesitate to send us an-email to email@example.com or call our numbers 03082524 03809614
The name ‘Satori’ is the Zen Buddhist word for ‘a sudden moment of clarity or realization’, which it is precisely what we wish for each and every guest when they stay with us. Our sanctuary in the hills is comfortably designed for intimate retreats for up to 13 guests and offers the kind of uplifting space for growth and transformation I am sure cannot be found in a hotel, resort or on a busy tourist beach. At Satori you will find a place of inspiration; a place to relax, refresh and recharge. Whether practicing yoga or sitting in meditation in the hilltop shala, lying in hammocks fanned by coconut palms or floating in the pool under the stars, there is a wonderful and natural slowing of pace that guests experience when they stay here, rich to both soul and spirit. We are all here to share with you the unique energy of Satori Retreat and the beauty of Sri Lanka, a truly amazing country with a warm and friendly people that is, as-yet, unspoiled by mass tourism. Set high on a hill, overlooking the lush jungles of Southern Sri Lanka and ocean beyond, Satori Retreat offers a gentle and inspiring natural environment in which to find your center. Our beautiful sanctuary at the jungle’s edge is conveniently located 3 kms inland from the picture perfect beaches of Unawatuna and World Heritage Galle Fort The capital city Colombo is just 2 hours away
Satori Retreat is located in the village of Polduwa, Unawatuna in the Southern Province of Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is a beach lover’s paradise, with mile-upon-mile of pristine palm-backed tropical beaches, warm turquoise waters and soft split sugar sands. Just 15 minutes in a Tuk Tuk from Satori Retreat through the jungle villages delivers you to a glorious coastline.
Our favorite all-rounders include Unawatuna Beach 3 km’s, with its calm waters, relaxed beach bars and street vendors offering local crafts and fabrics.
Wijiya Beach ( 3 kms )offers safe swimming in the form of a lagoon and delicious simply cooked seafood from small beach side restaurants. Stay here until the sun dips into the horizon for a heavenly sunset.
Jungle Beach (3Km’s) is also highly recommended and that can be explored as well as the beautiful peace pagoda near by.
Galle Fort – Established by the Portuguese in the 15th century, Galle was colonised by the Dutch and British – and is now a World Heritage Site. Stroll its narrow streets and ramparts (particularly lovely at sunset) for the sights and sounds of life’s patchwork; Buddhists, Tamils, Muslims and Europeans living in harmony, the energy of trade and the gentle claps at the ever-present cricket matches.
Galle Town – Best explored on foot or by Tuk Tuk. Don’t miss the exotic fruit market and myriad shops selling everything from saris to televisions.
Bike rides – Galle resident, Alex Barrett will take you on an unforgettable ride through paddy fields and jungle. Suitable for all ages, trips last 1.5 to four hours and give you a real slice of Sri Lankan village life.
Turtle Sanctuary – There are several in the area, including a well-run one in Habaraduwa, 15 minutes away.
Stilt Fisherman – Unique to Sri Lanka you can observe fisherman out on their poles close to the shoreline.
Tea Estate – The Handunugoda Estate is 40 minutes away and has a fascinating tour around the production of white tea.
Whale watching – Mirissa is best place in Sri Lanka for seeing blue whales and dolphins a short distance from the shore.
Yala Safari Park/ Udawalawe – Leave Galle at 4am to arrive for sunrise and sightings of leopard, elephants and crocodiles.
Temples – Sri Lanka is predominately Buddhist and you’ll find temples everywhere, including Yatagala and Kalatuwa.
Kogala Lake Sunset Tour – Marvel at the spectacle of thousands of birds and bats all flying to a lake island for the night.
Surfing – There are a number of surf schools in the area, and great waves at Unawatuna, Wijiya and Weligama.